Lessons from Trying to Trail Run
When I tried trail running for the first time a little over a year ago, here are six little tidbits learned the hard way.
1. Wear better socks. Blisters are no fun.
2. Bring some food, I will probably need it.
3. It is ok to stop or slow to breathe. Hills are hard. Breathing is good.
4. Start small and build up.
5. Running is an awful lot like riding my mountain bike; pick a line and roll with it.
6. Be patient and gentle with my body- it is doing something new, and won’t get it right away, and that is ok.